IGNORED

Lawson Bates

Guest LilaFowler

On 9/4/2016 at 9:55 PM, BeccaGrim said:

They want you to think there is something between them. That was the point I think. But I doubt it. I can't see her Bateses-ing. 

That top she wore was defauding.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/3/2016 at 7:41 AM, wandering woman said:

I thought he sounded pretty bad singing on the show last night.   He had good musicians playing with him, but his voice wasn't loud enough, and he has almost no stage presence. I doubt he has much of a musical career ahead of him.

The only musical career he'll have is singing at weddings and selling iTunes downloads and small concert tickets to leghumpers who sin by lusting over him and want him to father their quiver.

He'd be lucky to have a single judge turn for him on 'The Voice'. The next Luke Bryan he ain't.

14 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Crazy Bates fans. 

14 year olds in frumpers, at least one of which will yell "I love you Lawson!"

Perhaps Brandon & Michaella and the remnant ATI crowd will drive down from Chicago for it.

Oohh, I just looked on a map--the Ark Encounter in KY is on the way from Rocky Top to Muncie. Get in the van, Bateseseses! Field trip time!! Makin' memories!

I finally watched the episode.  He looked like he has a crush on her, she looked like she was excited for the opportunity to be on a record and maybe even do concerts on tour.  

And what did everyone think of the broken heart discussion?  I couldn't read the guys with how serious they were being.  Was there a grain of truth or was it all created for the TH?

There's only one concert date?! I know it's not uncommon to release more at a later date but just one doesn't seem like they're having much luck at booking venues. Especially when he advertised going on this tour a while back. 

Maybe I'm wrong ...

11 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

There's only one concert date?! I know it's not uncommon to release more at a later date but just one doesn't seem like they're having much luck at booking venues. Especially when he advertised going on this tour a while back. 

Maybe I'm wrong ...

I've been thinking the same thing. So far this much-hyped "fall concert tour" is a big pile o' nothing.  Which tells me his "record label" has no interest and/or money to promote him. Nor does the UP channel.

Interesting that he hasn't even been able to snag a performance date at Silver Dollar City in Branson, given how much fundies love that place.  Much less one at Dollywood...

The people who perform at Dollywood are Dolly Parton's family, from what I understand.  You need connections to get in at Dollywood.  That is totally gossip tho. 

20 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I've been thinking the same thing. So far this much-hyped "fall concert tour" is a big pile o' nothing.  Which tells me his "record label" has no interest and/or money to promote him. Nor does the UP channel.

Interesting that he hasn't even been able to snag a performance date at Silver Dollar City in Branson, given how much fundies love that place.  Much less one at Dollywood...

I have no idea what his desires are as far as performance locations.

But Lawson's done it previously in the Market Square thing at Dollywood.

There's actually already been an episode based on that...

Lawson gets the opportunity of a lifetime – to perform at the world famous ‘Dollywood,’ in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. While he does his sound check on stage, the rest of the family enjoys the theme park and keeps an eye out for Dolly herself!

http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/episodes/season-2/dollywood/

Truthfully the connection w/ Emily Ann might make it happen on a bigger scale, as Dolly really liked her during The Voice.

Or if he found a way to work with the Willis Family it might open doors. They've done a full concert at Dollywood at least once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUxraCcms1Q

And I forget the ages of the remaining single Wissman girls now that Ruth is married. But they practically live at Silver Dollar City performing for part of the year it seems like. Or heck, even do something with some of the guys and get his foot in that way if he can't get a gig there on his own.

Obviously who knows what may be in the works, or if he's even tried or wants to perform at either venue now, but I would think even only being of his skill level, that the publicity the show would inevitably give to either venue would probably help him get a gig there, even 'just' on his own ability.

I have not heard Lawson sing a full song.  From what I have seen, he is a good song writer but not a great performer.  Maybe be he needs to consider a slight career change.

2 hours ago, Percy said:

I have not heard Lawson sing a full song.  From what I have seen, he is a good song writer but not a great performer.  Maybe be he needs to consider a slight career change.

I think, in comparison with most of the fundie caterwauling, Lawson seems like he's better... but being better than a band of yowling poodles in plaid isn't a very high bar...

I almost launched a twitter tirade on him today. He was tweeting about UT football and criticizing VT fans but I bit my tongue. ( Bashing the Vols is  a past time for me) 

I think this has been discussed before with regards to Cousin Amy, but why doesn't Lawson do open mic nights or other non paying gigs where he could at least sell his cd's afterward? Is UP or the record label holding him back, or is he just not wanting to exert any extra effort? Hope it's not the later - he had shown some work ethic in the past, but maybe it doesn't extend to his music (a career vs a hobby perhaps).

13 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

I think this has been discussed before with regards to Cousin Amy, but why doesn't Lawson do open mic nights or other non paying gigs where he could at least sell his cd's afterward? Is UP or the record label holding him back, or is he just not wanting to exert any extra effort? Hope it's not the later - he had shown some work ethic in the past, but maybe it doesn't extend to his music (a career vs a hobby perhaps).

I think it is Gothardism holding him back.  Can't let him perform in "unwholesome" venues that might feature alcohol or cleavage.

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I think it is Gothardism holding him back.  Can't let him perform in "unwholesome" venues that might feature alcohol or cleavage.

Oh boy.  Music is not going to go well for him.  That's sad. 

On 9/11/2016 at 4:12 PM, BeccaGrim said:

Oh boy.  Music is not going to go well for him.  That's sad. 

It looks like both venues are in a church. I'm not familiar with young musicians and where they might tour when starting out, but with all the hype he was getting with his fall tour, I expected something bigger. But maybe that isn't typical of a first tour.

Most musicians start out in open mic nights at bars but I'm guessing he can't do that. So he keeps playing churches and hoping someone likes him.

On Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 9:48 PM, Mela99 said:

I think, in comparison with most of the fundie caterwauling, Lawson seems like he's better... but being better than a band of yowling poodles in plaid isn't a very high bar...

Now his sister Carlin, there's a talent. I think he should write the songs for her. She really is a good singer, she's got that it factor that he is missing. But he has heart, so here's to him to keeping trying. 

Lawson has a pretty generic voice. Even if he could do open mic nights at bars, I can't see him having a huge music career. Would his family not let him do something like The Voice? Would Miley be too defrauding? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived