IGNORED

Lawson Bates

Guest LilaFowler

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawson is a cutie and seems like a nice guy, but some of the pictures on his website are just so cheesy :lol:

They take ages to load (at least for me) but it's worth it: lawsonbates.com/photos/nggallery/all/western-and-horses/

• 2 years later...

Moderators, if this belongs someplace else, please let me know. I looked but I didn't find (and I know this is annoying to long term posters). I went and listened to the song that Lawson is tweeting about over and over.  I really...I expected it to be better. He's working with producers now right?  Trying to advance the career? (We watched the meeting on Bringing Up Bates, which I know is staged) but I expected his songs to sound professional and it just came across as amateurish.  Anyone else agree or disagree? 

So not about the current song, but you remember he recorded something called "Freedome Sure Ain't Free?" and released it some months back?  Well.  Last weekend, I was watching (on a whim) Team America:  World Police (Trey Parker/Matt Stone parody film about America's Middle East involvement complete with marionets instead of actors), and loled so hard because there's a parody country/UhMurica song in the film called "Freedom Isn't Free."  The similarities are striking.  It was making me laugh so hard!!!

No reason Lawson shouldn't have his own thread as an aspiring country singer.  I find him and his music very amateurish.  I think he'll just have minor success in Fundie circles unless he improves dramatically.

Is the latest song called "I will always" and is it a cover or an original?

Isn't "I will always" the song he wrote for M&B's wedding?

(first post for me, yay!)

8 hours ago, Showtunesgirl said:

I believe so, and welcome to FJ.

8 hours ago, Showtunesgirl said:

:text-welcomewave: to Free Jinger.

Oh, right.  Thank you.  But I keep hearing Whitney Houston ...

And I will always LOVE YOU.  Laughing out loud. I guess I keep looking for the producer. He should not be sounding so amateurish.  Up needs to pay someone to fix this for him if they want to keep following him around. 

He's far from the worst singer I've ever heard (and I'm tone deaf and sing like a duck so can't really talk) and definitely has some raw talent. But he'd definitely benefit from some professional vocal training.....and I suspect he thinks he's the greatest singer ever and there is nothing anyone can teach him blah blah blah. 

On August 25, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Palimpsest said:

No reason Lawson shouldn't have his own thread as an aspiring country singer.  I find him and his music very amateurish.  I think he'll just have minor success in Fundie circles unless he improves dramatically.

Is the latest song called "I will always" and is it a cover or an original?

He's not bad as a song-writer. Which is very difficult. Except I think he steals from a lot of other songs. 

His big issue is he's pitchy. He goes off key A LOT.  And I'm not impressed with his tone. He needs more vocal training. 

But the bottom line is either you have it as a singer or you don't. My brothers are strong musicians. They can play anything. And all of us are on key. But none of us have tone and no amount of vocal training can fix that.  

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

Watching last nights epi. Is there something going on with Emily Ann and Lawson. He seems to be crushing HARD

She's a very pretty girl but she seemed weirded out by him lol

11 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

I thought she seemed pretty into it but I was only half watching 

I was half watching too maybe we watched 2 different halves lol

Can someone explain to me the situation of Lawson being heart broken? I was only half listening to the episode, but it sounded like they said he wrote a song about getting heartbroken, but I don't remember him being in a courtship. I do remember he tweeted or instagrammed some vague comments, was it around the time Jinger announced her courtship? And was a Jinger-Lawson getting-to-know-eachother  (or whatever they call it) ever confirmed?

1 hour ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Can someone explain to me the situation of Lawson being heart broken? I was only half listening to the episode, but it sounded like they said he wrote a song about getting heartbroken, but I don't remember him being in a courtship. I do remember he tweeted or instagrammed some vague comments, was it around the time Jinger announced her courtship? And was a Jinger-Lawson getting-to-know-eachother  (or whatever they call it) ever confirmed?

I don't watch... but this sounds like he *GASP* gave away a piece of his heart!

But to your questions - no, it was never confirmed there was anything between Jinger and Lawson, just speculation and yes, he made cryptic tweets the day her courtship was announced publicly. 

On August 25, 2016 at 10:35 AM, BeccaGrim said:

Moderators, if this belongs someplace else, please let me know. I looked but I didn't find (and I know this is annoying to long term posters). I went and listened to the song that Lawson is tweeting about over and over.  I really...I expected it to be better. He's working with producers now right?  Trying to advance the career? (We watched the meeting on Bringing Up Bates, which I know is staged) but I expected his songs to sound professional and it just came across as amateurish.  Anyone else agree or disagree? 

I thought he sounded pretty bad singing on the show last night.   He had good musicians playing with him, but his voice wasn't loud enough, and he has almost no stage presence. I doubt he has much of a musical career ahead of him.

3 hours ago, doubleT said:

Supposedly Emily Ann has a boyfriend.  But I guess anything can happen, as she is only like 19. 

She's 17.  18 next month.  Hopefully they're just singing together and that's it.

On 9/2/2016 at 0:25 PM, OyToTheVey said:

She's a very pretty girl but she seemed weirded out by him lol

They want you to think there is something between them. That was the point I think. But I doubt it. I can't see her Bateses-ing. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived