IGNORED

Lawson Bates

Guest LilaFowler

5 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

So Lawson has on his "Story" on Instagram (not the pictures we can save) a video of them at the airport in the Philippines.  He says to Carlin to say Hello (which she does) and then swings the camera around stopping on Trace and himself.  There is another girl there and she says something like "don't get me" and he moves the camera too fast to see who it is. Did anyone else see?  

I also thought the way he zoomed past that girl was odd, and I'll admit to pausing it multiple times to see who it was. I grabbed this (terrible quality) screenshot. IMG_8249.thumb.PNG.79cfe129e726f624d04358f019b68415.PNG

I don't think it looks like Ashley, personally. Also, I think the girl's voice you hear as he pans is Carlin saying "Totally missed me." You can hear the other girl just barely at the end asking something about if he's taking a video.

I now feel a little creepy having analyzed this video so closely, so I'll be done now. Lol

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching older episodes of BUB while I have a free trial of UP, and I can't help but notice how annoying Lawson is. All the time. If he's not pretending he's a TV star, he's whining and complaining. 

Shit, someone PAID for that terrible photoshop job?  I was assuming it was something Lawson did himself!

ETA I wonder if, in their world, going on a Missions trip IS promotion for the single?  "Look at me, I'm not like those heathern popstars who care about fame (buy my record)"

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

Shit, someone PAID for that terrible photoshop job?  I was assuming it was something Lawson did himself!

ETA I wonder if, in their world, going on a Missions trip IS promotion for the single?  "Look at me, I'm not like those heathern popstars who care about fame (buy my record)"

The Bates Family posted on Carlin's Instagram and was like "Thank you for spending your money to do this..." and I was like that's a funny way to put that.  Why start out by informing everyone your kids paid to do this? 

9 minutes ago, doubleT said:

6.3 earthquake in northern Philippines today.  No reports of damage or injuries as of now.  

That was on Luzon Island right? And Lawson posted that they are farther south-- in Ormoc, on Leyte  (which had an earthquake last month)

And do we know if Carlin's boyfriend, Evan the Supermodel, is also on the missioncation? There is no evidence on his Instagram

So they posted a pic including 2 girls I have no idea of... the girl on the far left seems to be the one at the airport that was discussed earlier. I don't think Ashley is there but who knows

IMG_1671.PNG

I'm confused by Lawson's pants in that photo. Is he wearing shorts and leggings?

@GoddessOfVictory I know some basketball players do that with shorts over leggings or tights, but usually the legging are not as baggy as these appear to be.

@WiseGirl Yeah, I guess I have seen that combination on some athletes. But after looking at the picture again, I'm now thinking Lawson is wearing jeans that he pulled up so that the bottom part is inside out and halfway up his thigh.

1 hour ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

I'm confused by Lawson's pants in that photo. Is he wearing shorts and leggings?

I think he rolled up his jeans since they're standing in water (?)

On 3/27/2017 at 9:32 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

@I.SignedUpforthis has to be troll and we need to get out the troll stick?

So what are we doing these days? No cat pics, please! My sinuses are a mess. And the manicure trick does not do it for me.

Help me pick a lipstick. I have already 1945 and lean towards 1935

http://www.sephora.com/classic-color-lipstick-P395669?skuId=1702687&icid2=products grid%3Ap395669

Tango Red.  I think you could rock this with a well-fitted dress just above the knees, lovely black shoes with a not-too-high heel.  Dinner for you and your man at the best place in town.... Tango Red.

On 6/4/2017 at 2:26 PM, Front Hugging Fiend said:

His voice isn't horrendous, I've definitely heard worse. But a good years worth of dedicated lessons (and him actually working on it) could do wonders. I remember watching one clip where he went to Nashville (?) and met up with some relatively important coach and she advised him to try loosening the country twang in his vocals just a lil bit, open up the airways and relax the throat - he looked a little perplexed (probably because no one had ever taught him before) and just couldn't wrap his head around it. He has potential to be a D-list, fundie music star. If he works at it. 

I just watched season 5 so forgive me that this is a few months late. 

I don't think he sounds good. He might have the potential to sound good, but he's pretty nasally and twangy. He is actually fairly good at playing the guitar and his lyrics are decent. I play piano and guitar, as well as sang for many years, and my teachers would cringe at singing through the nose (which is what Lawson sounds like he does).

The problem with sending him to a vocal coach is that he's been singing wrong for 20 years without any form of classical training. He doesn't have the vocal, muscle, or bodily awareness of what he's doing wrong. When it comes to the physical part of singing he's probably got the comprehension of a 5 year old. "Relax his throat and open the airways" won't make sense to him because he has no idea what it means. "Plug your nose and take a deep breath, then sing" would be more appropriate for his comprehension, but a vocal coach for adults isn't going to say that because it's a very basic singing concept. 

I just need to say this about that Photoshopped picture of Lawson. Jesus Howard Christ, could it get any more ridiculous? No need to answer. It's yes.

20 minutes ago, Casserole said:

In boring Lawson news, he wrote a "guest post" for Sadie Robertson's blog... and #5 about breakups... he's definitely lost some heart pieces. 

https://www.liveoriginal.com/blog/2017/lawson-bates-love-intentionally

Eh. Maybe, maybe not. Everything he's saying just amounts to basic, run-of-the-mill courtship culture platitudes. I've seen it all said a million times, often by people who have literally never been in any kind of romantic relationship whatsoever. It's just the standard courtship advice.

12 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Eh. Maybe, maybe not. Everything he's saying just amounts to basic, run-of-the-mill courtship culture platitudes. I've seen it all said a million times, often by people who have literally never been in any kind of romantic relationship whatsoever. It's just the standard courtship advice.

He could also just be talking about Nathan and Zach who he has watched go through it--both of them publicly on TV. 

On 8/10/2017 at 6:53 PM, jacduggar said:

I'm watching older episodes of BUB while I have a free trial of UP, and I can't help but notice how annoying Lawson is. All the time. If he's not pretending he's a TV star, he's whining and complaining. 

I find both Lawson and Carlin to be completely irritating.  They're both total camera-whores (look at meeeeee!  is what I see going through their heads all the time).  He loooooves himself a little too much, IMO. 

Hey guys I realize I'm being a BEC but look at Lawson's hair.  Why is he doing this all the time? He reminds of me of some cartoon character I can't put my finger on. The constant poking up. 

IMG_3691.PNG

20 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

How about Foghorn Leghorn?

FoghornLeghorn2.png

Thats perfect. I was thinking Johnny Test. I like yours better. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived