Guest LilaFowler

13 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

IMG_2066.JPG

I don't actually have a cat. I'm just mean. :laughing-rolling:

I know this about you already.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawson bringing attention to himself as always (pictured with Trace, Joe Duggar, and a boy I don't recognize).

He is really super annoying. He needs to grow up a great deal before he settles down. 

I can't stand Lawson.

I have nothing substantial to contribute. That's it. I just can't stand him.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

He is really super annoying. He needs to grow up a great deal before he settles down. 

42 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I can't stand Lawson.

I have nothing substantial to contribute. That's it. I just can't stand him.

Poor Lawson. I enjoyed the photo of the boys acting like girls fawning over wedding rings. I really don't understand why you all have a problem with this guy.  

2 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Lawson bringing attention to himself as always (pictured with Trace, Joe Duggar, and a boy I don't recognize).

Oh boy, they found out about that trend?

53 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

What trend?

Are the boys all reacting to Lawson's brand new purity ring?  I thought that was old news! :laughing-rolling:

(Yes, that was sarcasm.)

54 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

They are slowing coming to the dark side. Baby steps, though. Pinterest accounts, instragram, posting emotional breakdowns, copying trends, then bam...someone is pregnant and not married. Ha

2 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Poor Lawson. I enjoyed the photo of the boys acting like girls fawning over wedding rings. I really don't understand why you all have a problem with this guy.  

because growing up means you lose a sense of humor.

2 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Honestly, I find myself trying to like Lawson, but I have a hard time getting past his arrogance and egocentric attitude. If he gained some humility and stopped showing off so much, he wouldn't bother me.

I have mixed feelings about Lawson. I do find him to be show-offy and obnoxious, but I can also kind of respect that he does seem to be driven and has a solid work ethic (to the point that he was successful enough as a teen that his own parents were borrowing money from him).

Honestly I think several of his siblings are kind of annoying as well. I think it's a general Bates thing. They're just not my cup of tea.

3 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

because growing up means you lose a sense of humor.

I don't find him to be funny at all.  I do find him to be rather in love with himself, which causes me to find him obnoxious as hell.  I hope that he grows up enough to stop acting like a vain douchebag.  

I really don't understand why you all have a problem with this guy.  

He's a stuck up jackass.

He's a fame whore.

He thinks he's the smartest person in the room.

He has horrible beliefs.

I don't find him to be funny at all.  I do find him to be rather in love with himself, which causes me to find him obnoxious as hell.  I hope that he grows up enough to stop acting like a vain douchebag.  

I don't disagree with this, but I'll bet if someone else posted that picture most people would have a quiet chuckle and move along. But because Mr. Lawson Fundiepants posted it, nope. Not funny.

There's a term for that... hmmm... BEC, anyone?

I'm an equal opportunity snarker. If @Palimpsest posted a picture like that I would be all "Bitch please. You look like a self-absorbed fool."

Lawson is like Raquel, no one loves him as much as he loves himself and that comes through on his social media.

Just image me looking like @Coconut Flan's avatar while I look at most people's social media feeds. There is no reason to take five pictures of yourself sitting in your car and post them on Facebook. No reason.

54 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

. If @Palimpsest posted a picture like that I would be all "Bitch please. You look like a self-absorbed fool."

You called? ;)

It may be a trend to plaster pictures of yourself on social media, but Lawson is a conceited show-off with a lot less talent than he thinks.  He may temporarily be seen as all that and a bag of chips in small Fundie circles, but the real world of country music is going to chew him up and spit him out.  I think he will learn a little humility in time.  When the TV cash runs out he'll have to go back to chopping down trees and mowing lawns.

To say nothing of the fact that the caption on that picture is "If guys acted like girls."

So add sexist prick to the list of Lawson's faults.  We already knew John David was one.

It's not the worst picture. At least they look like they're having fun I guess. It's becoming a more popular pose for wedding photos now, a way to add a bit of humor or lightheartedness to the moment.

I think the weird part is because he's not the one getting married or engaged - it's usually the Groom showing off his wedding ring for the Groomsmen. But if the Bride didn't mind, then it doesn't matter much.  

The Rapist Groom's opinions don't matter at all. Asshole.

And while we're on the subject - my deepest condolences to Tabitha Paine, who was sacrificed on the altar of matrimony yesterday. One of the worst April Fool's jokes ever.

13 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

What trend?

It's a thing now to have the groom's party at a wedding take a picture of a freakout about the groom's wedding ring. Lawson, however, looks stupid trying to do that because he's not the one getting married.

5 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

I don't disagree with this, but I'll bet if someone else posted that picture most people would have a quiet chuckle and move along. But because Mr. Lawson Fundiepants posted it, nope. Not funny.

There's a term for that... hmmm... BEC, anyone?

I don't know what most people would do, and to be honest with you, this is the first time I've seen a picture like this.  I see other posts where people say that this is apparently a new trend with wedding pictures, but this is new to me.  I'd find it sexist and obnoxious no matter who posted it, fundie or not.  

Note: I'm not sure why this post has me quoting you twice.  I apologize for that.  

On 3/26/2017 at 6:39 AM, Kittikatz said:

I'm seriously ambivilant about what I just watched.

On one hand, I'm feeling slightly defrauded by Lawson climbing the rope. That said, he'd be more appealing if he ditched the headphones and took up wearing a ball gag 24/7...

On the other, I was looking at the branch that rope was tied to and thinking it looked a little precarious for Lawson to be climbing, and part of me was kinda sorta hoping to be proved right... an embarrassing/lightly injurious fall might knock some of the ego out of him.

I think Lawson is the fundie version of a player, but I cant fault him for that - he didn't have a normal time growing up, and he's hopefully getting it out of his system before he settles down with some suitable girl.

Who is he a player with? Is there a string of Fundie women with broken hearts? 

I don't know what most people would do, and to be honest with you, this is the first time I've seen a picture like this.  I see other posts where people say that this is apparently a new trend with wedding pictures, but this is new to me.  I'd find it sexist and obnoxious no matter who posted it, fundie or not.  
Note: I'm not sure why this post has me quoting you twice.  I apologize for that.  

When I got married 3 years ago, this kind of pose was doing the rounds online like on Pinterest and WeddingBee. Can't say I frequent wedding culture websites now, but it was certainly a thing back then. When I saw it, I chuckled and that was about it. Didn't have the groom and his men replicate it, though I'm sure if I did it would've been met with a similar response as the pic was here, by some members of the older generations who aren't familiar with some newer trends.

Wondering everyone's ages now that will put us all in the old generation who is out of touch with young trends.

I've seen this plenty of times and never was amused. But even in my younger days I was never amused by some of the trendy wedding poses. I was very particular about how I wanted to be posed at my wedding. 

Also, since he was doing this at the wedding of another person, he is just looking like someone who wants to be the groom at every wedding. This day is not about you Lawson. 

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Wondering everyone's ages now that will put us all in the old generation who is out of touch with young trends.

I've seen this plenty of times and never was amused. But even in my younger days I was never amused by some of the trendy wedding poses. I was very particular about how I wanted to be posed at my wedding. 

Also, since he was doing this at the wedding of another person, he is just looking like someone who wants to be the groom at every wedding. This day is not about you Lawson. 

I'm about to turn 29. I guess that would put me in the older generation for, I don't know, a 14-year-old old?

I fully admit I'm a curmudgeon and I don't care for most wedding photo trends. This one in particular I find annoying and at least a little sexist, so I like it even less than the other goofy poses. But if other people love it and want to include it in their wedding photos, I couldn't care less. The fact that Lawson is not the groom and felt the need to recreate this pose with himself at the centre, combined with his lengthy history of being an obnoxious narcissist, is what stuck out to me the most.

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

The fact that Lawson is not the groom and felt the need to recreate this pose with himself at the centre, combined with his lengthy history of being an obnoxious narcissist, is what stuck out to me the most.

Exactly! Who does a groom pose at a wedding when they aren't the groom! Two other people who would do something like that who immediately pop into my mind are Miss Raquel and Jill Rod. Both of those are obnoxiously self-absorbed. 

Lawson annoys me only because he is a contradiction. His obsession with his appearance is obsessive and technically sinful. They constantly talk about how he takes the longest in the mirror and retakes a photo more than one time. He reminds me of a kardashian. He is prideful. His whole family claims the purpose of the the show is to display Christian family values. Before the had television he was a hard working teen with a successful business, unfair yes, but at least it mirrored their beliefs. He is a wannabe pop star with a horrible singing voice and without this show and teen girls fawning over him would've probably been more like Zach. Lawson is self absorb and I wish someone would just burst his bubble. Visiting the children's hospital and shit is sweet but I can't help but feel he uses it to gain more loyal fan girls. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived