IGNORED

Daniel & Candice Keller got a baby!

Deleted07

That's one of the major middle-class white people baby name trends. You give your kid a name where no one can tell if it's a boy or a girl, a first name or a last name. I know someone who works in a place that has a summer camp and after registering a whole bunch of little Emersons and Brodies and Lachlans, the workers were happy when they finally got a little boy named plain old George.

Agree with LMM about this baby's name, but have to quibble about Lachlan. That's a perfectly legit, if a wee bit uncommon, Scottish name.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Lachlan, but if I had been able to carry a pregnancy to term, no way a boy could have been named that. Although I'm half Brit, our last name is Sicilian (thanks to the 15% +/- in my husband's background). The kid would have been laughed out of school. We were going the Michael James route. Michael being the name of my husband's older brother who was a premie who died at 3 days old (would have survived with today's technology) and James was the first name of both of our fathers - although my dad used his not-so-common middle name.

IMO, family last names should be saved for middle names. Otherwise, they often sound prep-school snooty, even if they're of white trash stock. Knowing a truckload of Southerners who have done this, the trend is definitely more prevalent there than other parts of the country.

Stupid question -- is this the same brother who wrote that 'letter' to TLC about Josh's wedding and whatnot? I'm still really not up on who is who.

It's nice to see that some fundies aren't against adoption. Possibly.

Stupid question -- is this the same brother who wrote that 'letter' to TLC about Josh's wedding and whatnot? I'm still really not up on who is who.

It's nice to see that some fundies aren't against adoption. Possibly.

No, that was Josh McDonald, Anna's brother-in-law (he's the one who is married to her sister, Rebekah).

Good for Daniel and Candice! I'm sure Brighton will be loved, whether or not pa and ma keller are part of it.

No, that was Josh McDonald, Anna's brother-in-law (he's the one who is married to her sister, Rebekah).

Good for Daniel and Candice! I'm sure Brighton will be loved, whether or not pa and ma keller are part of it.

Josh and Rebekah have two daughters don't they? And didn't Anna alter Rebekah's wedding dress for herself?

Dad's kinda cute too.

I'm ok with the name, but I generally am. There are too many people to keep using the same common names over and over and over. This kid's name is normal enough to be recognizable and easily spelled, but different enough that he won't have 6 others in class at school or his future workplace. When I was in 8th grade, my three best friends were Jenn, Jenn, and Jenn. I had a falling out with one of the Jenns once and that gossip was incredibly confusing to follow.

This was my thinking when I named my son Parker. I know it's trendy as hell, but I like last names as first names. Growing up there weren't too many people with the same name as me (Amanda) because my mom choose it about 3 years before it became a top 10 girls name. There were, however, a ton of kids named Jennifer, Jessica, Chris, Mike etc. So far, I don't personally know anyone else with a kid named Parker, so hopefully there won't be any in his class.

Josh and Rebekah have two daughters don't they? And didn't Anna alter Rebekah's wedding dress for herself?

Yep, they have two daughters. I don't think Anna altered Rebekah's dress; I think Josh accidentally stepped on the train and they had to fix it.

I like last names as middle names. So much so that I made the mistake of naming my son Daniel Wesley and then calling him Wes all of his life. He hates it and now ants to have his name legally changed to Wesley Daniel. I just thought Wesley sounded better as a middle name.

This was my thinking when I named my son Parker. I know it's trendy as hell, but I like last names as first names. Growing up there weren't too many people with the same name as me (Amanda) because my mom choose it about 3 years before it became a top 10 girls name. There were, however, a ton of kids named Jennifer, Jessica, Chris, Mike etc. So far, I don't personally know anyone else with a kid named Parker, so hopefully there won't be any in his class.

My cousin named his son Parker :D

But that was my thinking too when I named my children. If they decide to go to school, I don't want them sitting in a class with two or three other kids with the same name. And the way my daughter's named turned out, she had a myriad of nick names at her disposable if she chooses.

ETA: I just remembered that my 3rd grade teacher named her son Parker because it was her maiden name. In instances like that - where the last name can work as a first name - I think that's a very neat idea.

I like last names as middle names. So much so that I made the mistake of naming my son Daniel Wesley and then calling him Wes all of his life. He hates it and now ants to have his name legally changed to Wesley Daniel. I just thought Wesley sounded better as a middle name.

Plenty of people go by their middle name. He can just sign everything D. Wesley LastName. Not a huge deal. One of my cousins (Parker's aunt) got married when I was 8. They had been dating since I was 2. It wasn't until the wedding that I found out his name was really his middle name. I never knew. And he doesn't care that he's always been called his middle name. Just signs everything like that.

I've used my middle name all my life. It was my mother's intention from the beginning for some reason. Legally you can use any combination of your given names. I never sign with the first initial. Just middle and last.

So are Josh and Rebekah super fundies? What's the story on Daniel and Candice?

So are Josh and Rebekah super fundies? What's the story on Daniel and Candice?

Josh and Rebekah are fundie-lite or conservative Christian but definitely anti-Gothard now. I think Daniel and Candice are fundie-lite or just conservative Christian now. No Gothard for them, either.

Actually, from their facebooks, I don't think Daniel and Candice are fundie-lite; I think they might be mainstream Christians. There's a picture of Candice with her hair short, dyed jet black with hot pink highlights. If I recall, she once had a profile picture up of her holding a drink in her hand. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a post on the old board of someone claiming that Candice was temporarily living with a fundie family when she was courting Daniel? I know someone posted that apparently Pa Keller was not pleased that Daniel was not following the patriarchal umbrella and shunned him for "living in sin."

I love how they tote the party line that "this is our life, we respect your life however you live it! [koolaid smile]" but if it is a family member, they lose any respect for them...

Still blows my mind that they can get so twisted and allow it to impact their relationships with their kids and grandkids.

I just snooped on Candice's facebook, the only church or religion related page she 'likes' on facebook is "Palmetto Land Baptist Church" which promotes "Common Sense Christianity". So seems they are just mainstream baptist Christians if they are practising. :-)

Daniel and Candice are the most mainstream of their family, probably followed by Suze, then Rebekah, Anna, Priscilla, Esther. Don't know where the younger brothers would fit in there. Hard to say who is more super fundy - Esther or Priscilla. I do think Anna is less fundy than either in several ways.

Esther may win the fundy award. Priscilla hasn't announced a "blessing" on the way yet has she? It's been more than three months! Hopefully none of them try to maximize the number of blessings. Maybe there will be less than super fertility for most of them.

Esther may win the fundy award. Priscilla hasn't announced a "blessing" on the way yet has she? It's been more than three months! Hopefully none of them try to maximize the number of blessings. Maybe there will be less than super fertility for most of them.

I wonder if they've [D&P] even had relations yet. I often wonder how many of them go from zero to one hundred in the same day. Maybe some of them have a physical courtship of sorts.

I don't think Smugz waited. That was probably in the marriage contract. And Anna was buying pregnancy tests after the first month.

I don't think Smugz waited. That was probably in the marriage contract. And Anna was buying pregnancy tests after the first month.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but one of the things that irked me the most about Anna when they announced Mac's pregnancy was her saying she'd been testing every month was the whole "we're leaving it up to God" bullshit. If you're testing every month, clearly you're trying to get pregnant and therefore not leaving it up to God! ...Stepping off my soapbox.

yep completely agree with you CS, she really seemed to be defining herself in their first months of marriage on her ability to get pregnant! She said she was upset and down or whatever that she wasnt getting pregnant just months into the marriage, so much so she couldn't look at the test so left it in the carlot bathroom so she wouldn't be upset again if it was negative, how crazy is that!? I just totally wanted to shake some sense into her at that point!

*headshake*

Update on baby Brighton from Daniel's Facebook:

Daniel Keller

Brighton made it back up to his birth weight today! Daddy's boy is doing soo good!!

Share · 15 minutes ago via Mobile ·

• 2 weeks later...

Their baby came home on Thursday! :-)

Daniel Keller

Brighton's HOME!!!!!!! Thank you all for ur encouraging words, we are soo happy to be home as a family, now let see how much sleep i can get tonight ;)

· Thursday at 10:58 via Mobile ·

274673_1309627531_663052581_n.jpg

and a pic: Susanna Keller Yesterday 04:31 (edited) - Mobile - Public

My newest nephew!!! The smallest addition to our Family!!!

12+-+1

Archived