IGNORED

Daniel & Candice Keller got a baby!

Deleted07

Anna Duggars 'shunned' brother, Daniel, and his wife, Candice, baby was born today. I think somebody mentioned previously that they were either adopting or using a surrogate for their baby. (I'm sure someone can confirm) Point being he was born 6 weeks early today. Pics on Daniels facebook.

He was 3lbs 12oz named Brighton Gabriel Keller and Daddy is very proud and delighted as is Mommy Candice!

Congratulations to them!

318749_396601367071156_159105709_a.jpg

276119_1309627531_1354868418_n.jpg

531428_397035293694430_1757652712_a.jpg

396809_397293727001920_1461284377_a.jpg

376283_397362696995023_261360803_a.jpg

560917_396539373744022_195838357_a.jpg

Sincerely wish them every happiness with their family outside of 'fundiedom'.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! I'm so glad they got the baby they'd longed for. So tiny!

Back to reality, now that he's their responsibility, I hope Daniel and Candice have some very good health insurance since it's going to be a while before he's released from the NICU.

I wonder if Pa 'n' Ma Keller will be involved with their new grandson? Or if relationships are still strained with them turning their back on him because they didn't consider him towing the party line enough!?

The fuck is with these names? He sounds like a prep school.

Meh, I don't mind it. That was the name of the geeky kid in The Nanny.

Certainly 1000x better than Addallee, Jinger, Kendalyn, Vision O'YHWH or Sauntina LaVerle.

He's so cute. I'm happy for them and hope all the grandparents fall in love with him. I wish them well and that he grows quickly.

Meh, I don't mind it. That was the name of the geeky kid in The Nanny.

Certainly 1000x better than Addallee, Jinger, Kendalyn, Vision O'YHWH or Sauntina LaVerle.

Strangely enough, I agree with both of you.

Hoping the adorable little guy and his parents a long, happy, healthy, and open-minded life!

I wonder if Pa 'n' Ma Keller will be involved with their new grandson? Or if relationships are still strained with them turning their back on him because they didn't consider him towing the party line enough!?

Probably not. I mean, if he's adopted than he has the sins of his birth parents, and if he was born via surrogate than he is a sin, because D and C subverted God's will of closing her womb (probably as a punishment for D listening to C's desires) by having the baby anyway.

By which I mean, best of luck to D and C and congrats on getting out of the fundie lifestyle, so you can have this baby whom you obviously are happy to have and adore.

And I agree, LMM, his name sounds like a prep school.

Ohhhh, what a cute, tiny baby! Congrats to the Kellers (in case you read here) and enjoy your baby!

I don't think the name is all that bad, it's not something that I would name my kid, but not one that I would think "WTF" about.

He looks surprisingly big and healthy for being a 3lb premiee. Good for them!!

I really hate the whole Gothard outlook on adopting. As followers as Jesus, shouldn't they want to help all the children of the world and adopt them and take them into their home?? They have friends who have adopted. Even the Campbells adopted a couple kids. It really pisses me off. There's nothing wrong with adopted babies.

I really hate the whole Gothard outlook on adopting. As followers as Jesus, shouldn't they want to help all the children of the world and adopt them and take them into their home?? They have friends who have adopted. Even the Campbells adopted a couple kids. It really pisses me off. There's nothing wrong with adopted babies.

I agree, I think it sucks how some of these fundies seem to think that only the children that come from your loins are of any merit, especially the menfolk!

In relation, there was a lady over on the Bates blog asking Kelly for advice, because she had been married for 6 years and had 2 miscarriages and it looks like they won't be able to have any children, and she brought up the discussion of adoption to her headship husband and he flatout turned it town stating God didn't plan for them to adopt, that he was 'convicted' that the lord would bless them with many children. :roll:

Kelly's response was just to pray, and a Godly version of 'everything happens for a reason' :x

The fuck is with these names? He sounds like a prep school.

That's one of the major middle-class white people baby name trends. You give your kid a name where no one can tell if it's a boy or a girl, a first name or a last name. I know someone who works in a place that has a summer camp and after registering a whole bunch of little Emersons and Brodies and Lachlans, the workers were happy when they finally got a little boy named plain old George.

Aww congrats to them. What a tiny little cutie. I like the name. Who is the kid in one of the pics holding the baby?

Dad's kinda cute too.

I'm ok with the name, but I generally am. There are too many people to keep using the same common names over and over and over. This kid's name is normal enough to be recognizable and easily spelled, but different enough that he won't have 6 others in class at school or his future workplace. When I was in 8th grade, my three best friends were Jenn, Jenn, and Jenn. I had a falling out with one of the Jenns once and that gossip was incredibly confusing to follow.

I agree, bananacat. I tend to like different, and even unusual names, and find many of the common ones 'blah' and just too over-used. I like the name Brighton and Emerson is gorgeous as well.

Congrats to Daniel and Candice! I'm happy that this little one won't be growing up Gothard!

Brighton is not for me, but not bad either. Gabriel is one of my all time favorite boys names, so I am nearly always on board with a name that features it.

I bet he ends up going by Gabe/Gabriel anyways since Brighton is a little difficult to shorten (Bright? Brighty? B.G.?). I know a lot of families who give their kids "eccentric" first names with the intent that the child will always be known by their middle name (usually it has to do with family names).

What a beautiful baby! The Lord works in mysterious ways, and sometimes He blesses you through your uterus....and sometimes He uses another one! God can give you a baby through whatever uterus He wants. He's God. Duh.

Especially when you couple "the adoption is no good" belief with their stance on abortion. So what happens to all the children who were not aborted, yet are unwanted-by-their-parents? Do fundies believe God wants millions of abused and/or homeless children? Sometimes they just don't think things through.

Especially when you couple "the adoption is no good" belief with their stance on abortion. So what happens to all the children who were not aborted, yet are unwanted-by-their-parents? Do fundies believe God wants millions of abused and/or homeless children? Sometimes they just don't think things through.

You bring up a very good point! That's the problem with a majority of the anti-choice movement. Once the baby is born they no longer care. Of course, there are also organizations like CHaSK which specifically pair adoptive parents with pregnant women in order to prevent abortions. They're saving the "pre-born" as they call it. Usually it's a baby with a some sort of disability. The problem with them is in the name. Christian Homes and Special Kids. In order to sign up and be a part of their organization, you have to not only be a christian, but actually have a reference from your church's pastor. How screwed up is that? Do you want to "save" this child or not?

In relation, there was a lady over on the Bates blog asking Kelly for advice, because she had been married for 6 years and had 2 miscarriages and it looks like they won't be able to have any children, and she brought up the discussion of adoption to her headship husband and he flatout turned it town stating God didn't plan for them to adopt, that he was 'convicted' that the lord would bless them with many children.

This is exactly what happened in my family, albeit for different reasons. My mother experienced secondary infertility, so after me she could no longer get pregnant, despite three rounds of IVF (which all resulted in pregnancies but then they were reabsorbed or something). She begged my father for years to adopt but he flat out refused. I believe they contemplated divorce over it, too. But looking back, I completely understand my father's viewpoint. For one, his family would never have accepted an adopted child for much the same reason. They aren't fundies but they are snobs. (My parents had to tell me to stop visiting my grandparents on my way to my friends house or back to my house with him. He and I were never more than friends but he was Korean. And my grandfather did not approve) But also, my mother's insane. As much as I longed for siblings, I'm glad no one else has to put up with her crazy semi abusive bullshit. (She's much easier to tolerate now that I haven't lived there in many years.)But that being said, I would gladly adopt. In fact I plan on doing it one day. When the timing works out.

Aww that is wonderful! This is one baby we can be excited about because he is clearly wanted and will grow up outside Gothardism.

Archived