IGNORED

FLDS implicated re: kitten buried alive in concrete

Just a heads up, the footage in the following news story could be considered graphic - it's certainly terribly upsetting, to say the least, particularly if you are an animal lover.

Long story short, a former member of the FLDS church has been the victim of years of intimidation from the FLDS in his community, which culminated this week in someone burying a live kitten in some concrete he had just set.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/0 ... ostpopular

Yeah, that sounds like typical FLDS M.O. The leaders are sick, cruel men who are the most immoral spouters-of-morality on the planet.

dammit, humans suck. Leave the kittens (and children, and other living things who have nothing to do with that crap) out of it!!

I can't watch the video. It was hard enough to read about it.

Me either. I hope they put the bastards that did it in jail. My husband is a major cat lover (we both are) and he was beside himself when he read about this. :(

Same here, just reading about it was bad enough. Those assholes deserve to have the same thing done to them.

I'm probably not what you would call an animal lover( I like playing with other people's pets, I just don't want any of my own), but that is some sick shit.How any so-called human that can treat another living thing that way is beyond me. People like that scare me.

Just a heads up, the footage in the following news story could be considered graphic - it's certainly terribly upsetting, to say the least, particularly if you are an animal lover.

Long story short, a former member of the FLDS church has been the victim of years of intimidation from the FLDS in his community, which culminated this week in someone burying a live kitten in some concrete he had just set.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/0 ... ostpopular

I read it in the Dutch newspapers!

Disgusting!

That poor darling kitten. These disgusting sickos can't even leave a baby animal out of their cruelty. Intimidating people like that is despicable enough, but destroying yet another innocent life in the process?

I'm going to go watch 7kittens to and remember some people have a little kindness left in them.

Radio station in Utah has declared this the boner of the day.

This sort of thing has been going on for years. The FLDS run the colorado city police force. They turn women away who come to them for help with abusive husbands. They turn nonFLDS away when they are being harassed by the FLDS. They are Warren Jeffs henchmen. The federal government is finally stepping in and prosecuting the colorado city police. I hope it ends with all FLDS members being fired and a nonflds force put in their place. Utah has been ignoring the problem for way too many years. The attorney general will of course say that he has asked for help from the federal govt for years. But, anyone who lives in Utah knows thats a joke. He just turns a blind eye to the FLDS until the feds get involved. Then, he tries to back peddle to look good.

I hope it ends with all FLDS members being fired and a nonflds force put in their place.

I agree, but wouldn't it be unconstitutional to fire someone based on their religion? I am honestly kind of shocked that Warren Jeffs still has the power that he does from behind bars. The whole thing makes me sick.

I agree, but wouldn't it be unconstitutional to fire someone based on their religion? I am honestly kind of shocked that Warren Jeffs still has the power that he does from behind bars. The whole thing makes me sick.

It would not be unconstitutional to disband a police force that is not upholding the laws. There are multiple reports of them ignoring both federal and state laws.

Only if their religion isn't interfering with their ability to do their jobs. That's clearly not the case, and hasn't been in a long time.

Only if their religion isn't interfering with their ability to do their jobs. That's clearly not the case, and hasn't been in a long time.

They are public servants who have sworn to uphold the laws. If they cant do it then they need to resign from the job. They said and signed an oath when they became police officers.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this State, and that I will discharge the duties of my office with fidelity."

If they cant uphold the oath due to religion and wont resign then there is just cause to fire them.

Radio station in Utah has declared this the boner of the day.

This sort of thing has been going on for years. The FLDS run the colorado city police force. They turn women away who come to them for help with abusive husbands. They turn nonFLDS away when they are being harassed by the FLDS. They are Warren Jeffs henchmen. The federal government is finally stepping in and prosecuting the colorado city police. I hope it ends with all FLDS members being fired and a nonflds force put in their place. Utah has been ignoring the problem for way too many years. The attorney general will of course say that he has asked for help from the federal govt for years. But, anyone who lives in Utah knows thats a joke. He just turns a blind eye to the FLDS until the feds get involved. Then, he tries to back peddle to look good.

B-b-b-b-but that's just persecution! /sarcasm * :roll: * It's disgusting how the FLDS has this much controll and inhumanity, but when people call them out on it and ask for them to be replaced such as you, FLDS cries persecution. Perseuction my ass.

It would not be unconstitutional to disband a police force that is not upholding the laws. There are multiple reports of them ignoring both federal and state laws.

The Arizona legislature had the opportunity to do that this past Spring but declined...twice. The state attorney general, Tom Horne (who is otherwise as crooked as Lombard St. in San Francisco) then found several hundred thousand dollars in his budget which he gave to Mohave County to fund additional sheriff's patrols. Then the feds filed a civil rights suit.

Hopefully our dimwitted legislators will get their heads out of their asses and (for some of them) past their Mormon underwear and vote to get rid of the Colorado City police force next year.

"[The officer] kind of chuckled and laughed a little bit and then he said that if it was up to him, he'd just throw dirt on [the cat],"

Chuckled and laughed and just throw dirt on the little thing to let it suffocate? :o :shock: What the hell kind of human being ARE you?

This is just sick, sick, sick.

What the ever-loving fuck? That poor kitten! Ugh, this makes me so sad and angry. I can't even...

Although it isn't true of every fundamentalist or conservative male, I've noticed that those who express a profound hatred for cats are usually conservative and male. Understand, I'm not including just a dislike or fear of cats, but intense hatred.

The kitten was still alive when they found it so someone not only wanted to kill the animal but have it suffer.

The FLDS leaders are criminals. There is no questioning that based on the facts. But they have had the foresight to base their crimes against women and children, etc. in states which are known for being exceptionally conservative and patriarchal. Utah, Arizona and Texas are not the kind of places that want to take on criminals who are claiming religious freedom to justify their crimes. That's why the Feds need to step in. But given the current political climate of "Yay, Patriarchy!" it's unlikely that will happen any time soon. After all, if women are forced to be submissive and mistreated, and children are abused, what skin is it off their nose? It's not like they vote or anything. :roll:

I am so very, very bitter and angry about the FLDS. I consider them to be of a more immediate threat than the Duggars, Maxwells, et al, and that's saying something.

I am so very, very bitter and angry about the FLDS. I consider them to be of a more immediate threat than the Duggars, Maxwells, et al, and that's saying something.

I'm curious why. They're not encouraging their hoardes of followers to vote for someone. And while so many people think the Duggars are quaint and homey, I don't think they have any trouble acknowledging the FLDS crazy.

From what I've heard, when the FLDS move into a community, they try to control the town. Supposedly, they are very prejudiced against any nonFLDS who live in the town.

I'm curious why. They're not encouraging their hoardes of followers to vote for someone. And while so many people think the Duggars are quaint and homey, I don't think they have any trouble acknowledging the FLDS crazy.

Because they do not stop at anything to keep their people under control, including murder. Because they have graveyards full of dead babies/children that have no record of even being born. There is a serious inherited congenital disease called fumarase deficiency that is rampant in the community because of all the inbreeding. Women are treated as chattel, being passed from one husband to the other at the whim of Warren Jeffs and his minions. They get little to no medical care. I could go on and on, but the point is that women and children are dying right now from their fucked-up religious beliefs, and something needs to be done about it.

Archived