IGNORED

'If you dress like a stripper you're asking to be raped!"

Maul the Koala

https://www.facebook.com/GlobalEdmonton ... 0792089571

This is about the SlutWalk that took place today across the country. And yet again, my home city does not disappoint in the comment section.

Janna Jones-Bailey: Personally I think the cop it right if you bait a bear then get upset that a bears appears is a catch 22. I have been raped and I know what being a victim is like and I agree with the cop.

Rick Reed: The first point of this issue is change the law so these clowns don't do this repeatedly. Also for its difficult issue for some one who has been raped. But at the end of the day a lot of women do wear more revealing clothing, that shows way to much skin. That going to attract these sicko's out in public. Don't be a victim dress up proper.

Becky Rogers: I don't agree with the officer calling people who are raped sluts. However, I do believe that if you dress a "certain" way you may attract attention, and some of it may not be the kind you so desire. Dress how you like, and if you've got it, flaunt it. But - if you choose to leave little to the imagination and show your cooter off by forgetting pants and ginch you could give off an easy vibe... I'm not saying you could be raped because of it, but your reputation is important, it follows you everywhere

Tammy Stinson: Are u kidding me? If u wear what u would if ur a stripper than ur asking to b rapped. I believe when ur a stopper u wear almost nothing? Girls need to take more pride in their bodies and theirs lots of girls who don't. What the reason for dressing that way? Mostly to get attention? No girl deserves to b rapped but when u dress that way it going to happen. Why is hard to dress with class?

Becky Rogers: Angela, reputation wasn't part of the discussion but attire was. 2/3 of rapists are known to the victims. I was saying it "could" play a part. I did not say they "should" be raped, but if you dress a certain way you will undoubtedly attract sexual attention, and some of it may be unwanted. No, it isn't "all" about how you dress, but you can't deny that in some instances, it could play a part. Mechanically speaking, it's easier and faster to hike up a miniskirt than rip off a pair of jeans... Just saying.

My goodness. I want to sit there and bash these people's heads together. Have they not been anywhere near the real world? The ignorance is astounding.

If you act like an idoit you deserve to be locked up in a mental asylum

First person that posts that gets the next meal featured on Smuggar's Instagram. :lol:

These people are sickening, especially the victims, or ones claiming to be victims. It doesn't matter what you wear because rape is never about sex, it's all about power. Fucking assholes.

considering the statistic is that 80% of women raped are done so by someone they KNOW and have had some form of contact with or around, clearly it really DOESN'T have anything to do with how you dress or look, or even act!

I'm dumbfounded that people actually don't know this and still keep believing the crap that a woman must have brought it on somehow! :evil: :x

I've told my story several times, so I'll let it be. All I have to say in response to those comments is this:

I was thinking of you emmyfair as I was responding. I've stopped because the ignorance is just astounding.

Also I believe I know a few of the people commenting. :? Although they're not very nice people so I have no problem google-bombing them.

Wish the good posts were written better though. looks better if you spell everything out.

I tried. There's only so much you can write while blinded with anger.

I was thinking of you emmyfair as I was responding.

Thank you for thinking of me. I'm touched.

I'm not sure what it will take for people like you quoted to change.

I tried. There's only so much you can write while blinded with anger.

not yo but the woman using shortcuts. you did good. I posted too. This attitude has been going on since the beginning of time. it is not just going to go away right away.

Comments like these always remind me of those raped during home invasions. Ladies who were not out partying, not drunk or dressed as sluts or whatever but AT HOME. The worst of which are stories like these;

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-na ... 1f7xd.html

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/ne ... andmother/

Why don't these people get it? Dressing modestly will not protect you from rape! Even staying at home will not necessarily protect you.

Yeah, doggie, as I'm sure you know but those idiots may not, a lot of times when victims of abuse by priests complained, church officials insinuated that the boys must have been asking for it. Or tried to redefine 12 year olds as full-grown, horny teenagers who seduced the helpless, godly priest.

As for women who identify as victims, but still blame other victims, I'm sure if you asked them "So you agree that you were to blame for your own rape?" they'd answer "NO, mine was DIFFERENT." Just like conservative abortions, their rape is always different. I still feel pity for them, because I think they're clinging to this notion to make themselves feel better. But it's not really excusable to boost your self-esteem by putting down others who have suffered as much as you.

Rapists are sexual bullies. Bullies attack those who can't fight back, the vulnerable. If a rapists sees an attractive, naked woman carring a machine gun, he'll leave her alone. If he sees a fully covered woman, alone and looking helpless, she's the one he will rape. It is not the clothing but the vulnerability of the victim that determines who is raped. Let's face it, we are all vulnerable at some point in our lives. I know that is hard to accept but it is true.

Do some of the commentors realize that they make men sound like insane, primal animals that should be locked in cages? I doubt that we would have much of a civilization if the majority of men couldn't control their hormonal urges.

Rapists are sexual bullies. Bullies attack those who can't fight back, the vulnerable. If a rapists sees an attractive, naked woman carring a machine gun, he'll leave her alone. If he sees a fully covered woman, alone and looking helpless, she's the one he will rape. It is not the clothing but the vulnerability of the victim that determines who is raped. Let's face it, we are all vulnerable at some point in our lives. I know that is hard to accept but it is true.

Do some of the commentors realize that they make men sound like insane, primal animals that should be locked in cages? I doubt that we would have much of a civilization if the majority of men couldn't control their hormonal urges.

Women rape men too. A friend in the police told me there is a steadily increasing number of male rapes being reported. Some are homosexual and some are heterosexual. This friend, who counsels crime victims and provides support in court, said men generally find it harder to admit they were raped than women and it is virtually impossible to get a conviction as very few people accept the idea that a woman can rape a man.

If a rapists sees an attractive, naked woman carring a machine gun, he'll leave her alone.

What we really need is Armed Slutwalk: Girls with Guns Edition. Except not--because the yahoos who comment on these subjects will then blame rape victims for not having a concealed carry permit, or not pulling the trigger fast enough. Or something.

Nevertheless it's an awesome image, and I wish I had a t-shirt with the silhouette of a woman wearing only a beret and a machine gun. ; )

What we really need is Armed Slutwalk: Girls with Guns Edition. Except not--because the yahoos who comment on these subjects will then blame rape victims for not having a concealed carry permit, or not pulling the trigger fast enough. Or something.

Nevertheless it's an awesome image, and I wish I had a t-shirt with the silhouette of a woman wearing only a beret and a machine gun. ; )

If any of these work for you, let me know and I'll see if I can mock one up. I can add add text if you'd like.

2b2nf6.jpg

ARE THEY WILLING TO HOLD ANY MAN ACCOUNTABLE FOR *ANYTHING*?

Gaaaah! :evil: It is so PAINFUL.

Rape is not SEXUAL. it is about POWER. it does not matter what you are wearing!

What about the obvious fact that there are rapes in Afghanistan and Iran and other places where women show pretty much nothing?

The cop I talked to said that women who walk around looking at the ground as if they don't have confidence in themselves are more likely to get raped than someone walking around with confidence. He never even mentioned clothing.

The cop I talked to said that women who walk around looking at the ground as if they don't have confidence in themselves are more likely to get raped than someone walking around with confidence. He never even mentioned clothing.

very true and that's what fundies encourage.

very true and that's what fundies encourage.

I have lived in several borderline neighborhoods in my time (and still do; you wouldn't believe how low the mortgage is on my beautiful house), and this has always been my philosophy. I'm never scared in my neighborhood, because I never am scared: self-fulfilling prophesy. Meanwhile, I went to my own local SlutWalk yesterday, and my dad, who does very serious amateur photography, took lots of snaps. These are some of my favorites that ARE SFW (many aren't: my bestie was wearing pasties and short shorts, some other women had only bandaids/electrical tape over their nipples)

7571978588_c1a922bd20_z.jpg

7571978838_6c2ce890c3_z.jpg

7571978326_cbc2cde465_z.jpg

Archived