Welcome to all our new members!
Welcome to Free Jinger! We hope you enjoy your time here. Free Jinger (FJ) has a somewhat specific board culture when new members may not be used to from other forums. We have put together some tips to help new members integrate successfully into the community.
* Be sure to read our rules
* If you do not email us when people that live with you have accounts, you WILL be banned for being socks.
* We have an amazing set of FAQs (thank you @HerNameIsBuffy)
* Since history has taught us since most people don't read the rules, we do not allow hate speech here. That means we do not allow words like retard/retarded, fag/faggot, gay (used as a slur), the n-word, etc. We also don't allow symbols of hate in avatars or cover photos. This includes swastikas and confederate flags.
* Please read this post by Happy Atheist before you jump right into posting.
* We have a whole forum set up just to help new members get acquainted with Free Jinger. You will find it here. It's not mandatory, but you won't have to worry about being scolded by long term members for making mistakes if you post in that particular forum.
* Please take a moment to read this great post by Church_of_dog and this one too to help you avoid running afoul of our board culture.
* We have such a wonderful community here that people do things like write summaries on the families and organizations we talk about, maintain a blog list and maintain an FJ specific dictionary. We also have a handy acronym feature. Hover your mouse over acronyms that are underlined and you will be shown what they stand for.
* We also have subforums dedicated to the people we discuss.
* Please make your post readable. This means:
- Post in English only
- Don't use excessive formatting
- Remove formatting from pasted text
- Put animated images under a spoiler
- Put excessive (more than 2) images under a spoiler
- Snip quotes
- No text speak
- Mark links NSFW
- No NSFW images
* You need 75 posts to start new threads or read our Are You There FJ area. You can start new threads in the SOTDRT and a helpmeet will move it to the appropriate forum for you. If your post does need to be moved, please report your post with a note that it needs to be moved. We don't always catch those kinds of posts right away.
* Please keep the majority of your comments/snark based on the beliefs/ideology/philosophy of the people who you are speaking about. It is natural for a snark site to have some "bitch eating crackers" (BEC) type commentary and that is fine, but please make it the exception, not the rule.
*BEC =/= snark. If you don't understand the difference ask!
* Expect push back if you let your xenophobic, islamophobic, racist, homophobic, misogynist freak flag fly.
* Words have meaning on FJ. The majority of members are going to take what you say in the plain English meaning of the words you use. You will not be able to "baffle them with bullshit" here. Use "word salads," mainsplaining and your own definitions of words at your own risk.
* If you state something as a fact (rather than your opinion), you should expect that someone will ask you for sources to back up your claim. If you use crazy, biased sources you will likely receive mocking and push back. We do not allow links to hate sites (Stor*mfro*t, Brietbart, Infowars)
* We currently support tapatalk, however tapatalk does not fully support us. Please make sure your signature is turned off in your tapatalk settings. If you are having problems or wonkiness when using tapatalk, please make sure to check out tech support forum to see if your issue has already been addressed.
* We use post count titles. The first one is "You're Going to Hell." No one will be upset when seeing this title above your name. Just make 5 posts and you will get a new post count title.
* No one owes anyone an explanation for downvotes and they can be given for any reason, from serious disagreement to an avatar that doesn't amuse you. Don't ask about downvotes in the threads - that's not drift it's disruption. Also remember that people accidentally downvote when on mobile so if it happens and there is no other reason to believe your post is objectionable do everyone a favor and let it go.
* We heavily discourage 1-2 word/emoticon/emoji posts. We do not allow posts like "I agree" or similar variants at all. Please use the like button for those types of posts instead. We do realize that on occasion a very short post is used to make a point or a joke and that is fine. Please don't make these types of posts the majority of your contributions to discussions.
* When you post an article, particularly from a mainstream site, please don't copy/paste the entire article. Post the link and then a few bits that you feel are important and then let people go read the rest of the article themselves. it's not really very copyright friendly to post the whole article.
* If you find an article on a fundy site and you think they will delete the article and it may be useful to have the whole thing to refute them in the future (ie: Kendull's I "spanked" my kids all day post)., a screenshot is best in this case rather than a full copy/paste.
* When you post your article that you have found, please add a sentence or 2 of your own commentary so people know why you felt the article is worth their viewing time.
* When you start a thread, making your title relevant to the subject will get you more input and it helps reduce duplicate threads. Instead of saying just "This is crazy" say "Zsu believes Obama is a hologram. Crazy!" (not actually true... that I know of)
* Please scan the first couple pages of a forum before you post a new thread to make sure it's not a duplicate. If you do accidentally make a duplicate thread, just report your post and a helpmeet will be along to merge it with the original topic.
* If you post "insider" information, we may ask you to verify your identity to the admins. Any information you provide will be kept confidential.
* If you want to post about a controversial topic, please use the No Holds Barred (NHB) forum.
If you have any questions, comments or problems please feel free to PM a Helpmeet and they will be able to assist you.
Welcome to the community!
(Updated November 19, 2016)
- 479 replies
- 20,028 views
By samurai_sarah, in Quiver Full of Duggars
- 595 replies
- 100,513 views
- 563 replies
- 40,054 views
By Coconut Flan, in Quiver Full of Snark
- 55 replies
- 4,250 views
- 282 replies
- 29,116 views
On 11/19/2017 at 10:06 AM, fluffy said:
Today's post addresses how her views are nothing like those in Atwood's _The Handmaid's Tale_. Naturally, she hasn't read the book and read only a summary of the movie. I guess it's not a commentary of old.
I'm pretty sure she didn't know it was a book until someone mentioned it in the comments.
Every single time I've gone to the doctor for a UTI (unfortunately, many, many times), they always run a pregnancy test on my urine sample.
On 11/14/2017 at 7:28 AM, LilMissMetaphor said:
I mean, honestly, no snark, it's nice that she doesn't care that she has some cellulite and is showing it (I've got plenty myself) but, I'm just baffled that she chooses to show pictures like this and pretends to be supahmodest at the same time. It doesn't jibe.
I agree, women should not have to be dictated by societal standards based on their body when it comes to dress. I think her post just seemed uncomfortable and attention seeking, as everything Raquel does, because she was in a swimsuit by a freaking waterfall in the pnw in November.
On 11/18/2017 at 4:29 PM, Marian the Librarian said:
Alert the media! Dougie has updated his "Doug WP" Facebook page for the first time in a year, and - this should surprise no one - he is defending Judge Roy Moore, who couldn't possibly be guilty of sexual abuse. Because birds of a feather.
"Arguments For the 40 Year Silence of Accusers Are Inchorant (sic)"
And one more thing. There are two comments, both from women, to The Dougster's post, and neither are flattering:Spoiler
Comment 1: Yes, because sexual abusers are so well known for acting out their predations in the public eye. [/sarcasm]
Comment 2: Well well! Birds of a feather, flocking together. So predictable, and so pathetic. "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord," Doug. We shall know the truth, and the truth will set us free.
And I wanted to note that none of the accusers sounded incoherent to me, although some descriptions were painfully graphic.
8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:
People regularly choose to do things differently than their parents (and Michelle did have at least one home birth, by the way). The only daughters who have given birth so far are Jill and Jessa. Jill attempted a home birth the first time around, and wound up with a C-section in hospital. We don't know what happened the second time around besides the fact that it ended in another C-section. Jessa has had two home births. I don't believe Joy has said what she's planning to do when the time comes for her to give birth. Jinger seems to be looking at a hospital birth if she has a baby, and Jana has also expressed the desire to give birth in a birthing centre or a hospital setting. Jessa at least has actively encouraged her other sisters to give birth in a hospital if that's what they want. So I don't think any of them are exactly playing 'ignorant hippie' or lacking in knowledge of their options.
I don’t care how old my kids are, if they wanted to give birth with untrained lay midwives I would have an issue with it. It’s beyond choosing a different option than me. It’s about the safety of my children and grandchildren, which has been clearly shown by both Jessa and Jill’s birth complications. Obviously Michelle can’t make decisions for her kids but I still can’t imagine why the kids didn’t at least choose one legitimate professional to attend their births.
What im trying to get out is that all kinds of safe, well informed birthing options were modeled for them but somewhere along the line they bucked them. I know lay midwives are legal in Arkansas but it’s legal where I’m at to let a 5 year old ride in the front seat without a car seat. That doesn’t mean you ignore all other safety and professional recommendations just because you can.Edited by jacduggar