Welcome to all our new members!
Welcome to Free Jinger! We hope you enjoy your time here. Free Jinger (FJ) has a somewhat specific board culture when new members may not be used to from other forums. We have put together some tips to help new members integrate successfully into the community.
* Be sure to read our rules
* If you do not email us when people that live with you have accounts, you WILL be banned for being socks.
* We have an amazing set of FAQs (thank you @HerNameIsBuffy)
* Since history has taught us since most people don't read the rules, we do not allow hate speech here. That means we do not allow words like retard/retarded, fag/faggot, gay (used as a slur), the n-word, etc. We also don't allow symbols of hate in avatars or cover photos. This includes swastikas and confederate flags.
* Please read this post by Happy Atheist before you jump right into posting.
* We have a whole forum set up just to help new members get acquainted with Free Jinger. You will find it here. It's not mandatory, but you won't have to worry about being scolded by long term members for making mistakes if you post in that particular forum.
* Please take a moment to read this great post by Church_of_dog and this one too to help you avoid running afoul of our board culture.
* We have such a wonderful community here that people do things like write summaries on the families and organizations we talk about, maintain a blog list and maintain an FJ specific dictionary. We also have a handy acronym feature. Hover your mouse over acronyms that are underlined and you will be shown what they stand for.
* We also have subforums dedicated to the people we discuss.
* Please make your post readable. This means:
- Post in English only
- Don't use excessive formatting
- Remove formatting from pasted text
- Put animated images under a spoiler
- Put excessive (more than 2) images under a spoiler
- Snip quotes
- No text speak
- Mark links NSFW
- No NSFW images
* You need 75 posts to start new threads or read our Are You There FJ area. You can start new threads in the SOTDRT and a helpmeet will move it to the appropriate forum for you. If your post does need to be moved, please report your post with a note that it needs to be moved. We don't always catch those kinds of posts right away.
* Please keep the majority of your comments/snark based on the beliefs/ideology/philosophy of the people who you are speaking about. It is natural for a snark site to have some "bitch eating crackers" (BEC) type commentary and that is fine, but please make it the exception, not the rule.
*BEC =/= snark. If you don't understand the difference ask!
* Expect push back if you let your xenophobic, islamophobic, racist, homophobic, misogynist freak flag fly.
* Words have meaning on FJ. The majority of members are going to take what you say in the plain English meaning of the words you use. You will not be able to "baffle them with bullshit" here. Use "word salads," mainsplaining and your own definitions of words at your own risk.
* If you state something as a fact (rather than your opinion), you should expect that someone will ask you for sources to back up your claim. If you use crazy, biased sources you will likely receive mocking and push back. We do not allow links to hate sites (Stor*mfro*t, Brietbart, Infowars)
* We currently support tapatalk, however tapatalk does not fully support us. Please make sure your signature is turned off in your tapatalk settings. If you are having problems or wonkiness when using tapatalk, please make sure to check out tech support forum to see if your issue has already been addressed.
* We use post count titles. The first one is "You're Going to Hell." No one will be upset when seeing this title above your name. Just make 5 posts and you will get a new post count title.
* No one owes anyone an explanation for downvotes and they can be given for any reason, from serious disagreement to an avatar that doesn't amuse you. Don't ask about downvotes in the threads - that's not drift it's disruption. Also remember that people accidentally downvote when on mobile so if it happens and there is no other reason to believe your post is objectionable do everyone a favor and let it go.
* We heavily discourage 1-2 word/emoticon/emoji posts. We do not allow posts like "I agree" or similar variants at all. Please use the like button for those types of posts instead. We do realize that on occasion a very short post is used to make a point or a joke and that is fine. Please don't make these types of posts the majority of your contributions to discussions.
* When you post an article, particularly from a mainstream site, please don't copy/paste the entire article. Post the link and then a few bits that you feel are important and then let people go read the rest of the article themselves. it's not really very copyright friendly to post the whole article.
* If you find an article on a fundy site and you think they will delete the article and it may be useful to have the whole thing to refute them in the future (ie: Kendull's I "spanked" my kids all day post)., a screenshot is best in this case rather than a full copy/paste.
* When you post your article that you have found, please add a sentence or 2 of your own commentary so people know why you felt the article is worth their viewing time.
* When you start a thread, making your title relevant to the subject will get you more input and it helps reduce duplicate threads. Instead of saying just "This is crazy" say "Zsu believes Obama is a hologram. Crazy!" (not actually true... that I know of)
* Please scan the first couple pages of a forum before you post a new thread to make sure it's not a duplicate. If you do accidentally make a duplicate thread, just report your post and a helpmeet will be along to merge it with the original topic.
* If you post "insider" information, we may ask you to verify your identity to the admins. Any information you provide will be kept confidential.
* If you want to post about a controversial topic, please use the No Holds Barred (NHB) forum.
If you have any questions, comments or problems please feel free to PM a Helpmeet and they will be able to assist you.
Welcome to the community!
(Updated November 19, 2016)
- 531 replies
- 21,382 views
- 201 replies
- 27,702 views
- 176 replies
- 40,767 views
By samurai_sarah, in Quiver Full of Duggars
- 418 replies
- 46,512 views
- 428 replies
- 32,083 views
Lori on her blogQuote
You’re so welcome and Ken wants out of CA so we may be a lot closer to you soon but even if we don’t, we have eternity with all of our brothers and sisters in Christ. Oh, what a day that will be – “When we all get to heaven what a day of rejoicing that will. When we all see Jesus we’ll sing and shout the victory!”
More talk of moving east. And look at the gloating party. She is so excited for the day her and her fan girls can be in heaven and partying without all us ungodlies. I think anyone besides her fan girls, just absolutely disgusts her and she looks at the rest of people like they have a disease. She can't wait to get into sterile heaven away from us.
17 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:
I will say I feel badly for woman that choose adoption. and what they have to go through to make that decision but I can't really stomach the fact that people are saying that these women have a right to keep things from the adoptee. that it's their live and they don't have to justify the choices they made.
it's not just their life though. it's the adoptee's life. the choices the mother's made effect that child. should they be forced to meet the child I will go with no but I do think the child has a right to know who their father is. they have a right to know their medical history and if they have siblings out there.
One thing you are missing here is the deep, deep guilt laid on these women by their parents and probably the nuns whom she lived with while pregnant who took her child. I'm assuming he parents sent her to a "house for whores" where the bad girls go to have their bastards and are shamed, punished and tortured for daring breaking the #1 rule, NOT getting caught sinning. These places were cruel to young scared unwed moms, some of whom had been sexually assaulted by family members and were being cast aside for nothing they did wrong, some were rapped by strangers/boyfriends and some willingly had sex with their partners, but they were all treated like dirty sinners. In the end it may be too much for her mom to take, and it isn't fair to her to bring it back up as if she's obligated to relive it. she was forced to give birth and forced to give him away, this is the only CHOICE she's been allowed. And unfortunately her son needs to realize that, it isn't him that is the issue, but he's not really the victim here, his mother is.
1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:
I feel sorry for whichever M kid who played teacher. My Mom knew from her first day of school in first grade (70 years ago) that she wanted to be a teacher, so she played school with dolls, and any siblings/cousins that she could corall to teach. (Her 2 or 3 closest female cousins reciprocated by making her play nurse. All 3 became nurses.) She taught in elementary classrooms, took a break to have kids, then went back for a Master's degree and taught junior high and high school students with learning differences. I knew I wanted to be in a school, and I also played school with siblings, dolls, and stuffed animals. How sad that a M kid seems to have such a love of teaching, yet will doubtfully be able to go to college to pursue this.
If it was Mack, she’ll be expected to homeschool her own brood of offspring (and most likely help Anna with all her younger siblings), so she’ll get to play teacher long term. If it was Michael or even Marcus, well, they’re SOL.
I don't know why so many people are so convinced that Jana has no interest in getting married. She's said that she wants to be married but just hasn't met the right guy yet and I just kind of take her at her word. Honestly, it kind of bugs me that so many people don't because I feel like the assumption is if you've reached the dreadfully old age of 28 without finding a man and there's nothing glaringly, obviously wrong with you, then you must just not be interested! I'm almost 29 and single and even in secular society people make the same assumption about me--either that or there must be something wrong with me that they don't know about. I would love to get married and have kids but unfortunately I haven't met anyone that I want to marry yet, and at my age (as people keep reminding me) it's getting less and less likely that marriage and motherhood are in the cards for me. Fortunately, unlike Jana, I can have independence and a career and dating and sex. Plenty of people just don't get what they want in life and I don't think that's unusual enough that we need to toss around all kinds of theories why Jana isn't married when she has already told us why.Edited by TheRadleyPorch
I also checked out the site of Steven's practice and there have been some changes. There was a male orthodontist listed on there a couple of months back in addition to Steven and the older partner. Well, now that guy is no longer listed and a woman is now listed on there as having joined the practice last August and is close to finishing her orthodontic certification. She attended the same dental school as Steven. Now, it's possible that Steven doesn't have the same hateful views towards working women that Loriken do. But, will Loriken tell Steven that his colleague is horrible for having a career? The colleague is a newlywed and if she has kids and continues working, poor thing will be bashed by Loriken.